Many firm leaders, while convinced of the importance of marketing, question whether their firms are expending their marketing resources in the right ways. With only so many dollars available for marketing, management has to ensure that these resources are used in ways that provide the maximum return to the firm.
Knapp Marketing is perhaps known best for our Knapp Diagnostic Needs Assessment process, a proven methodology to examine how you are marketing your services and give you an assessment of how your expenditures, processes and results compare to industry best practices and comparable firms. Then, we make specific, actionable recommendations for how you can make your marketing expenditure work harder and produce more results.
Our goal is to make a measurable difference in our clients’ revenues, and Knapp’s Needs Assessment is perhaps the most valued and appreciated service to that end. We provide a level of analysis that law firms rarely receive. Our assessments include:
- Interviews with key attorneys and staff
- Intelligence on the firm’s top competitors
- A historical review and analysis of 3 years of revenue by practice area, top 10 clients and billable rates and hours
- Review of all historical strategic planning and consulting documents
- Market research on practice area trends
- Interviews with selected top clients
- Benchmarking to firms of comparable size, practices and location, when appropriate
We map out concrete action steps in the areas of strategic direction, marketing and business development strategy, staffing and appropriate levels of marketing investment, practice diversification, technology solutions and the budget allocation process. When appropriate, we share our extensive network of industry contacts so that clients have access to vetted service providers in a broad spectrum of service areas.